- Current News
- Leonard Frazer
- Community Calendar
By Cst. Marika Masters/Robson Valley/Regional RCMP/Valemount Detachment
Robson Valley Regional RCMP Police report
Thursday, October 27, 2016 - 00:00
Charges for Possession of Stolen Property Over $5000 and Possession of Stolen Property Under $5000 have been recommended.
On Oct. 22 a McBride RCMP officer was patrolling in Valemount near Karas Drive and 5th Ave. A traffic stop was conducted for failing to signal. The male driver appeared to be high on drugs and as a result a Standard Field Sobriety Test was conducted which resulted in a fail. The Alberta resident was issued a 24-hour roadside suspension. Both occupants were arrested for possession of a controlled substance and released without charge.
On Oct. 22 Valemount RCMP were patrolling Highway 5 near Blackman Rd when a vehicle was observed approaching northbound at a high rate of speed and unable to maintain control. A traffic stop was conducted and the male Alberta driver subsequently provided a breath sample on a roadside screening device which resulted in a fail. The driver’s vehicle was impounded and a 90-day driving prohibition served.
On Oct. 22 McBride RCMP were patrolling in the area of Highway 16 and Dorval Rd when a traffic stop was conducted for going 128 km/hr in a 90 km/hr zone. The driver was arrested for possession of a controlled substance. A small amount of marihuana was located and the driver was released. The driver was issued a violation ticket for speeding.
On Oct. 23 Valemount RCMP were patrolling Highway 5 near 17th Avenue when a vehicle was observed speeding in the 70 km/hr zone. A traffic stop was conducted and a strong odour of marihuana was detected emanating from the vehicle. The male driver was arrested for possession of a controlled substance, and the vehicle was searched resulting in a seizure of marihuana. The driver also failed a roadside sobriety test, was issued a 24-hour driving prohibition and released without further charge.
On Oct. 23 Valemount RCMP were patrolling Highway 5 near Whiskey Fill Rd when a traffic stop was conducted with a vehicle travelling northbound at a high rate of speed. Upon approaching the driver side window an odour of marihuana was detected, and the occupants arrested for possession of a controlled substance. Police searched the vehicle and seized marihuana for destruction, and issued a violation ticket for speeding. The occupants were released with no further charge.
On Oct. 23 McBride RCMP was in the area of West Twin Creek brake check conducting a roadblock for impaired drivers when a vehicle from the Lower Mainland was checked. The driver was unable to produce a driver’s licence and record checks indicated the driver was in fact suspended under the Motor Vehicle Act. The driver was issued an Appearance notice to appear in McBride Provincial Court.
- An invitation for all High School teens to attend Youth Summit on Mental Health
- Basin Business Advisors presents ME INC
- McBride Council Meeting Update
- Robson Valley Regional RCMP report - April 20, 2017 issue
- McBride Elks and Royal Purple enter contest for $100,000 for Bill Clark Memorial Park
- McBride Council busy with budget deliberations
- McBride Court Briefs
- Sentinel Sightseer - April 20, 2017
- Williams resigns from position as CAO
- Hunting licenses now available online
- Tapping nature’s sweet spot of nutrition
- Boil water order issued during BKB Cedar fire, then lifted
- Clean Water and Wastewater Fund invests in McBride
- World & Canada News - April 20, 2017 issue
- When I was a child I thought like a child
- Northern Health launching a new way to register after-hours