- Current News
- Leonard Frazer
- Community Calendar
Meet the people in your community - David Craig
Thursday, March 23, 2017 - 00:00
I was able to handle the first few snowfalls shoveling out my own driveway, but a few weeks later I ended up being very sick with a tenacious flu. A fresh buildup of snow had dragged me outside, and I would shovel bit by bit until I had to go in and rest. The last stretch had hardened to a crisp crest just at the end of the driveway, and I was struggling to finish it off.
As I was out there, shoveling away best I could but still feeling sick, I noticed someone clearing snow a few doors down in a Skid Steer. I was just thinking how nice it would be to get the rest of the snow cleared mechanically, when suddenly the noise of the machine approaching made me look up. I barely had time to step aside when the bucket was lowered and the rest of that crusty, stubborn mess was pushed aside.
I later found out it was David. When it snowed again I called him. He wouldn’t take any money for helping me out that first time. I found that to be typical of him, removing snow free of charge at the Legion Hall as a service to the veterans, as well as for fire department members (himself a volunteer), RCMP personnel, and emergency responders.
Residents like David make Valemount a welcoming place.
- An invitation for all High School teens to attend Youth Summit on Mental Health
- Basin Business Advisors presents ME INC
- McBride Council Meeting Update
- Robson Valley Regional RCMP report - April 20, 2017 issue
- McBride Elks and Royal Purple enter contest for $100,000 for Bill Clark Memorial Park
- McBride Council busy with budget deliberations
- McBride Court Briefs
- Sentinel Sightseer - April 20, 2017
- Williams resigns from position as CAO
- Hunting licenses now available online
- Tapping nature’s sweet spot of nutrition
- Boil water order issued during BKB Cedar fire, then lifted
- Clean Water and Wastewater Fund invests in McBride
- World & Canada News - April 20, 2017 issue
- When I was a child I thought like a child
- Northern Health launching a new way to register after-hours