- Current News
- Leonard Frazer
- Community Calendar
Clean Water and Wastewater Fund invests in McBride
Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 00:00
The Clean Water and Wastewater Fund is providing approximately $310 million to 144 projects throughout the province. Through this funding, McBride is receiving $285,540 for Dominion Creek Drinking Water Intake Replacement.
The Clean Water and Wastewater Fund enables crucial investments in local government infrastructure, specifically supporting long-term benefits in rehabilitating drinking water, wastewater and stormwater systems, as well as planning and designing future facilities and upgrades to existing wastewater systems.
This funding will help communities ensure that residents enjoy safe and reliable access to drinking water and improved environmental protections, and will assist local governments in meeting provincial and federal regulations. Clean water and wastewater management is a core service that communities depend on to grow and help ensure sustainability principles are met, while improving community vibrancy, resiliency and attractiveness.
The Clean Water and Wastewater Fund is one of the key ways the B.C. government is taking action to strengthen, grow and diversify rural communities. These projects build on the immediate investments and long-term action plan outlined in B.C.'s Rural Economic Development Strategy that are expected to create over 26,000 jobs and add $2.8 billion to provincial GDP.
"The replacement of the drinking water intake system reduces our impact on the environment while providing the community with safe and reliable access to drinking water. I am very pleased to see the provincial and the federal government working collaboratively in supporting rural B.C.'s development. I know this is an important project for the Village of McBride and am proud to have supported this successful application," says Prince George-Valemount MLA Shirley Bond.
- An invitation for all High School teens to attend Youth Summit on Mental Health
- Basin Business Advisors presents ME INC
- McBride Council Meeting Update
- Robson Valley Regional RCMP report - April 20, 2017 issue
- McBride Elks and Royal Purple enter contest for $100,000 for Bill Clark Memorial Park
- McBride Council busy with budget deliberations
- McBride Court Briefs
- Sentinel Sightseer - April 20, 2017
- Williams resigns from position as CAO
- Hunting licenses now available online
- Tapping nature’s sweet spot of nutrition
- Boil water order issued during BKB Cedar fire, then lifted
- Clean Water and Wastewater Fund invests in McBride
- World & Canada News - April 20, 2017 issue
- When I was a child I thought like a child
- Northern Health launching a new way to register after-hours