- Current News
- Leonard Frazer
- Community Calendar
Boil water order issued during BKB Cedar fire, then lifted
Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 06:18 Dianne St. Jean
On the recommendation of R. Radloff and Associates, Public Works employee Matthew Slaney called Northern Health to report his concerns, and they suggested that a boil water order be issued to the public as a precaution until water samples could be tested for contamination. Notices were handed out to homes, although some residents said they did not receive the notice, and made the discovery from social media.
As an extra precaution Slaney also increased the chlorine dosage to the town water.
In his report to Council, he recommended that a permanent back flow preventer be installed at the McBride fire hall in order to prevent this type of situation from recurring.
Tests came back clear on April 8 and the boil water notice was lifted.
In response to queries about the potential for cross-contamination, Fire Chief Dave Hruby stated that procedures have been in place at the fire hall since it opened. When filling a truck with the two and a half inch water line, a hose clamp is to be placed on the backside in order to maintain pressure on the line. This provides protection to the main water line from backflow issues. If any other smaller water line is used to fill a truck tank, an air gap is maintained to protect from any backflow.
After the event a backflow protector from the Village was installed by Village staff.
- An invitation for all High School teens to attend Youth Summit on Mental Health
- Basin Business Advisors presents ME INC
- McBride Council Meeting Update
- Robson Valley Regional RCMP report - April 20, 2017 issue
- McBride Elks and Royal Purple enter contest for $100,000 for Bill Clark Memorial Park
- McBride Council busy with budget deliberations
- McBride Court Briefs
- Sentinel Sightseer - April 20, 2017
- Williams resigns from position as CAO
- Hunting licenses now available online
- Tapping nature’s sweet spot of nutrition
- Boil water order issued during BKB Cedar fire, then lifted
- Clean Water and Wastewater Fund invests in McBride
- World & Canada News - April 20, 2017 issue
- When I was a child I thought like a child
- Northern Health launching a new way to register after-hours