- Current News
- Leonard Frazer
- Community Calendar
Submitted by Cpl. Jason Nash, Robson Valley Regional RCMP, Valemount Detachment
Robson Valley Regional RCMP report - April 20, 2017 issue
Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 18:13
On April 10 Valemount RCMP received a report of theft from the Tempo Gas Station on Karas Drive. Sometime overnight fuel was syphoned from two U-Haul trucks parked on the main lot. Valemount RCMP continue to investigate this incident and ask anyone with information to please contact the Valemount RCMP 250-566-4466 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
On April 10 McBride RCMP received a report of damage to a CN Rail control podium and wiring. The damage caused a delay while it was being repaired to operate again at full capacity. McBride RCMP continue to investigate this incident and ask anyone with information to please contact the McBride RCMP 250-569-2255 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
On April 11 a member of the Valemount RCMP conducted a traffic stop on Highway 5 with a Ford Econoline van for speeding. The member detected an odor of marihuana emanating from the interior and the occupants arrested for possession of a controlled substance. A subsequent search of the vehicle and occupants revealed a small amount of marihuana and multiple pieces of paraphernalia. The driver was released at the scene having been served a violation ticket for speeding, and no further charges.
On April 12 a McBride RCMP member conducted a traffic stop with a male from Kelowna. The driver was subsequently arrested for breaching a recognizance, served a driving prohibition for five months and issued a ticket for failing to wear a seatbelt.
On April 14 McBride RCMP received a report of theft from a truck parked on Garret Road near the CN Rail crossing. Four tires stored in the pickup truck were taken during the two days prior. McBride RCMP continue to investigate this incident and ask anyone with information to please contact the McBride RCMP 250-569-2255 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
On April 14 McBride RCMP received a report of several jerry cans of fuel stolen near Dunster, BC. A chainsaw is also missing. Some of the jerry cans were recovered a few days later in a field. A vehicle is appeared to have been used to access the field. McBride RCMP continue to investigate this incident and ask anyone with information to please contact the McBride RCMP 250-569-2255 or CrimeStoppers 1-800-222-8477.
On April 15 Valemount RCMP received a report of a male inside a suite in the bathroom at a local hotel. The unknown male was intoxicated and left prior to police attendance. Patrols for the male were conducted with negative results.
Keep your valuables locked up and safe
There has been an increase in property crime in the Valemount and McBride areas. The RCMP is reminding people to be vigilant by locking up valuables and report suspicious activity to police
- An invitation for all High School teens to attend Youth Summit on Mental Health
- Basin Business Advisors presents ME INC
- McBride Council Meeting Update
- Robson Valley Regional RCMP report - April 20, 2017 issue
- McBride Elks and Royal Purple enter contest for $100,000 for Bill Clark Memorial Park
- McBride Council busy with budget deliberations
- McBride Court Briefs
- Sentinel Sightseer - April 20, 2017
- Williams resigns from position as CAO
- Hunting licenses now available online
- Tapping nature’s sweet spot of nutrition
- Boil water order issued during BKB Cedar fire, then lifted
- Clean Water and Wastewater Fund invests in McBride
- World & Canada News - April 20, 2017 issue
- When I was a child I thought like a child
- Northern Health launching a new way to register after-hours